Visitor Count: 78244 Last Updated on :2020-01-17
government polytechnic, porbandar
Government Polytechnic Porbandar was established in 1960 at Porbandar.
Initially institute was running courses for Diploma in Mechanical, Civil and Electrical Engineering. Based on the need of industries, other Diploma courses Computer and Transportation Engineering started in 2007.
| Diploma Program
| Mechanical Engineering
| Electrical Engineering
| Civil Engineering
| Computer Engineering
| Transportation Engineering
To provide value based industry orientated Technical education to
students through excellence teaching and learning, interaction with
industry, and continuous improvement of academic and administrative
- To impart adequate technical skill and capability to accept challenges and to adopt rapidly changing scenario in technological development.
- To impart knowledge through collaborative learning and prepare students with background necessary to take up higher studies in engineering.
- Stress on effective student-teacher interaction in the class as well as in the laboratory.
- Foster close networking with the industry, alumni and the guardians.
- Promote professional ethics and human values, integrity, accountability and work transparency in the profession.
- Strive continuously for improving the teaching- learning process with modern tools and technologies.
- Promote entrepreneurship practices to generate employment Opportunities
- Creating conducive academic culture to attract the motivate teaching faculty.
- Qualified Teaching and Supporting Staff
- Fully fledged Labs with equipments
- Located on Highway
- Girls and Boys Hostel for Students
- Library with more than 20000 books
- RO plant for Drinking water
- Routine culture activities like Republic Day, Independence Day, Engineer's Day, Teachers's Day etc. celebration